I received the Liebster Award from a lovely new Blogger over at Girl Meets Product - a nice blog filled up with lots of good advise. =) Thank You so much for the award - this is the 4th time I have received one of these and I always welcome them.
Here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about them.
2. Then you must answer the questions that the nominator sent you, plus create 11 new questions for bloggers you nominate.
3. Choose 11 people and link their blogs in yours.
4. Go to their page and let them know you nominated them!
1. I quit my job in order to raise my soon-to-be-born girl at least for one full year. I think it is crucial for a mom to be near their baby during the first year of their lives. Mom is the most important person they will need.
2. I have known my husband for 10 and a half years. We have been married for 7 and a half years. We were both pretty young; I was currently in college, just finishing up my Bachelors & starting my Master degree.
3. I have been living in Tirana (the capital of Albania) for 14 months, now.
4. I love shoes. I own at least 150-175 pairs but I keep wearing the same ones. Living in a large, busy city (currently) I have chosen comfort over sex appeal.
5. My favorite comfort food is pasta with Red Sauce. If I have some Fresh Bread or Garlic Bread with it, even better.
6. I am a Tea Drinker rather than a Coffee Drinker. I was addicted to the teas from Teavana. I also love Iced Tea.
7. I hate ironing with a passion. Probably the worst house chore for me.
8. I take all of my own photos for the blog (95% of the time) just by placing the camera where it can stand, no Tripod for me.
9. I am already thinking about Baby Number Two though I am currently super looking-forward to Baby Number One.
10. My Mom is one of my best friends. She lives in USA so we are very far but we talk every other day on the phone or Skype (if not more) for hours at a time.
11. I have one brother and love him to pieces.
Here are the Questions I had to Answer:
1. Did you make a New Year's Resolution?
I did not actually. But if I were to make one is to be the best mom possible to my Baby Girl. First time mom here (I am due to give birth in a couple of weeks).
2. Are you a morning or night person?
It depends. Working a 9-5 job for the last year (though sometimes I had afternoon/evening shifts) made me more of a morning person. Now that I have taken my maternity leave I have gone to bed real late. So it all depends. Usually more of a night person, though.
3. What's your go to snack?
Dried Nuts like Almonds, Walnuts, Pistacchios or Hazelnuts. Every now & then I crave chocolate too. Just a tad. My favorites are: Lacta (a yummy European brand you can find in Albania), Godiva, Hershey's & Milka. I also love Dark Chocolate.
4. What's your favorite item in your purse?
My Wallet. I love my current Leather Wallet from bebe. But I also love my wallet cause my money & cards are in there. =P
5. Is there something you've been lusting for or want to buy?
Yes, Chambray Shirts & Plaid Shirts - I need some in my wardrobe, I am missing them. Skinny Colored Skinny Bottoms & Floral Skinny Bottoms, especially in Pastel Colors like Light Coral, Mint & Sky Blue. I am also lusting/wanting Bold-Colored Blazers. I would love to have a Mustard one, a Cobalt one, a Red one & a Kelly Green one.
6. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I have never really been around cats so I don't even know much about them. But I love dogs.
7. How long have you been blogging?
I first started in Early Spring of 2010 but I blogged very little, due to time. My blog didn't really start happening until December 2011. 2012 was a good blogging year.
8. Do you have a favorite TV show?
Yes, currently favorite shows are: "Dexter" (first and foremost), "Pretty Little Liars", "Revenge" & "The Bachelor/Bachelorette". If I had to choose just one DEXTER for sure - I am a huge, huge fan.
9. Do you have any nicknames for your significant other?
I add "ush" (pronounced 'o-ush') to his name sometime. That little addition is an Albanian thing, they add it to the end of a name to sweeten the name & as a term of endearment. I refer to him as "My Love" here on the blog.
10. Read any good books lately?
Not really. I am currently reading 3 books but none of them are that special. Last good book I read was a couple of months ago.
11. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
Sometimes I am too stubborn. My husband is even more stubborn. We are both Taurus(es). Hope our girl doesn't take this from either of us. I am also a procrastinator. Hope that changes soon, this is a good year to start since I will be a mom and procrastinating and being a busy mom to a newborn don't go hand-in-hand.
For those of you who don't know, this award goes to new blogs with less than 200 followers. The German word "Liebster" translates in English to "beloved" or "favorite". Now it is my turn to spread the love:
Here are the 11 questions I chose for you:
1. Do you prefer your coffee black, with cream & sugar or just with sugar?
2. Do you plan on following any diets for 2013?
3. What is your most favorite food that you can eat any day of the week?
4. Do you prefer Facebook, Twitter or Instagram?
5. Do you have a Pinterest account? What do you usually pin?
6. What are your favorite kinds of movies?
7. You prefer Stripes or Polka Dots?
8. Do you prefer Skirts & Dresses to Jeans & Pants or vice-versa?
9. What are your three Most Favorite Colors?
10. Why should bloggers be true to themselves?
11. Which three bloggers have given you the Most Inspiration from when you first started blogging & why?
And here are the 11 Lovely, Kind, Sweet Bloggers I choose:
Lorena's Every Day Wear
Casual Chic Mom
Happiness at Mid-Life
Style That Moves
My New Favorite Outfit
The Cream to My Coffee
Style Side Bar
A Journey in Effortless Style
The Fashionable Adventures of Bethie the Boo
Wearable Fun Fashion
Speaking of Rewards. I plan on rewarding ALL OF MY FOLLOWERS when I reach 150 of them with my Very First Giveaway which will be open Internationally. So spread out the good word out there, for me. ;-) Thank You.
I also invite ALL OF THE BLOGGERS ABOVE also anyone & everyone who reads me to send me an E-Mail if they like to Guest Post while I take time giving birth & spending time with my daughter during her first days and weeks. I am looking for 15-20 Guest Bloggers. You can blog about anything you like, stay true to your Blog Aesthetic. You can give Advise on Fashion or Shopping, share a Successful DIY Project, do a Copy-Cat Look, Share your Favorite Clothing Items for Winter, etc, etc. Really you can post about anything you like, as long as you include a short introduction of yourself first. Please E-Mail me your posts & photos no later than January 23rd and I will run them towards end of January and throughout February. It will be fun & it's a good idea to bring more readers to your own blog as well. Just let your readers know you are guest-posting on my page. =) The blogging community is all about making friends along the way, getting inspiration, sharing ideas and being supportive.
E-Mail me your posts at: ada.furxhi<@>gmail.com.